For your Halloween drinking pleasure, may we suggest Mixologist Robin Chopra’s “Que Demonio” Cocktail at Corazon y Miel.
El Demonio Cocktail
From: Robin Chopra, Corazon y Miel
Note: This recipe calls for the bartender’s choice of pisco; you can substitute your own favorite brand.
Makes: 1 drink
1 oz. Campo de Encanto pisco
1 oz. Lillet Blanc
.75 oz. dry curacao
Bar spoon Absinthe
Dried hibiscus flowers
1. To make the hibiscus ice sphere, steep 1/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers in 1 cup of boiling water for 4 minutes to make concentrated hibiscus tea. Strain out the flowers. Once the mixture is cooled down to room temperature, pour hibiscus tea into ice sphere mold. Place in freezer overnight.
2. In a mixing glass, add pisco, Lillet Blanc, dry curacao, and absinthe.
3. Stir vigorously with ice.
4. Put hibiscus ice sphere in a rocks glass.
5. Strain and pour drink over giant hibiscus ice sphere and garnish with orange peel.
Check out this terrific coverage, via LA Weekly